Standard Demolition has been contracted to undertake a unique, complex project at CSUCI, where we’ll be demolishing selected parts of an old, unused building originally part of a mental hospital. The challenge involves not only safely taking down the obsolete sections but also carefully preserving other parts of the structure for future use.
- Safely dismantle and remove sections of the old building that have been earmarked for demolition.
- Maintain the structural integrity of portions of the building that are to be preserved.
- Dispose of all waste materials in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Ensure minimum disruption to campus activities during the project.
- Initial Assessment & Planning: Conduct a thorough structural assessment to identify which sections are to be demolished and which are to be preserved.
- Asbestos and Hazardous Material Abatement: Before any demolition activities, ensure any hazardous materials are identified and properly removed.
- Selective Demolition: Using state-of-the-art tools and techniques, carry out the demolition of specific parts of the building while ensuring the safe preservation of the remaining structure.
- Material Sorting and Recycling: Sort all recyclable materials and dispose of waste in accordance with local and federal regulations.
- Site Cleanup: Upon completion of demolition activities, the site will be cleaned and prepared for any future construction or landscaping activities.
- Final Inspection: Conduct a final site inspection to ensure all objectives have been met, followed by handover to the client.
- All work will be conducted following strict safety guidelines and in compliance with all local and state regulations.
- Necessary barricades and warning signs will be installed to protect students, staff, and visitors on campus.